Hot Cola Spareribs with barbecue sauce
2 beautiful pieces of spareribs.
- 500 ml tomato ketchup.
- 450 ml of cola. (no light)
- 250 ml chili sauce.
- 130 g brown sugar
- 2.5 grams of cayenne pepper
- 6 grams of ground mustard seed.
- 6 ounces pepper
- barbecue with lid (PB), but use charcoal briquettes, charcoal fire quickly.
- If you have the ribs meat side and a side that sitteth at meat a white sheet. Cut on the side with a sharp knife through skin to the bone.
- Make the barbecue sauce by the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. I use Heinz tomato ketchup and chili sauce, Coke may have your favorite cola. No diet coke!.
- Place the ribs in barbecue sauce for at least 4 hours, I usually put them in it a night. (or in the refrigerator).
- Make the barbecue ready for use. Take a starter as the coal briquettes and place them on a beautiful glow side of the bbq. We go the indirect grilling ribs.
- Remove the ribs from the barbecue sauce and set it apart.
- Pour the barbecue sauce in a pan, I use a cast iron pan. Cook the barbecue sauce on the coals about 15 to 20 minutes and remove from the grill. Pour a little of the sauce in a bowl. Take it with you later need to rub the ribs.
- Place the ribs on the side are no coals, place the lid and grill the ribs depending on the size approximately 2 hours. It may be that this is shorter or even longer.
- When the ribs start to see what looks drier, lubricate them with barbecue sauce, repeat totadat the ribs are ready.
- Remove the ribs from grill and cut along the bone in half. Serve with barbecue sauce